IMMIGRATION FOR INDIVIDUALS
What immigration services does this cover?
Applications under the Immigration Rules, specifically applications for work, business or study under the Points-Based System.
Fixed rate of between £1,500 and £2,500 (excluding VAT, charged at 20%). Charging VAT in relation to immigration matters may depend on where you live and what immigration permission you have. We will confirm whether VAT (at a rate of 20%) is payable when you instruct us and we can work out if VAT is properly chargeable.
The fee will depend on the circumstances in your case. Such as:
- The amount of supporting evidence that we need to consider;
- Which language(s) you speak; and
- Whether you are applying with other dependants.
If you are able to provide sufficient evidence at our first meeting and clearly meet the applicable Immigration Rules, the cost is likely to be at the lower end of this range.
What services are included?
The work will involve:
- Discussing your circumstances in detail and confirming whether this is the most appropriate application for you to make and what other options may be available to you;
- Giving you advice about the requirements of the Immigration Rules and whether you meet the criteria;
- If you do not fulfil certain criteria, whether this can be overcome and how;
- Considering the supporting evidence you have provided*;
- Where necessary, helping you obtain further evidence (such as medical records and bank statements);
- Preparing your application and submitting it on your behalf; and
- Giving you advice about the outcome of the application and any further steps you need to take.
What is not included?
The costs quoted here do not include:
- Any Home Office fees for making the application. You will pay this to the Home Office directly as part of the application process; and
- Where the Home Office refuses your application, advice and assistance in relation to any appeal.
Disbursements (not included in costs set out above) are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as visa fees. We handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process. They include:
- Interpreters’ fees, if applicable; and
- Independent expert reports e.g. medical experts. In many cases these are not required; we will let you know as soon as possible if we consider an expert report is necessary.
How long will my application take?
We cannot guarantee how long the Home Office will take to process your application. This information is available on the UKVI website.
We will normally be able to submit this type of application within two weeks of you instructing us, but we will let you know at the earliest opportunity if it is likely to take longer than this.
Please note the anticipated fees are an estimate based on the facts above. All applications are likely to vary and of course, we can give you a more accurate estimate once we have more information about your specific case.
Who will be looking after my application?
Your claim or defence will be looked after by Claire Rainbird, an experienced Solicitor with over 16 years’ experience in employment and business immigration law. Claire’s profile can be viewed here.
*the amount of time spent on this depends on the number of documents, whether they need to be translated, whether anything is missing and how long it will take to obtain the missing documents.